Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

6 Weeks Postpartum Update


6 Weeks Postpartum


I have yet to go to the doctor for my formal 6 week postpartum check-up. I will be going soon just to make sure everything is okay! So...here we go...As I mentioned a few posts back, I had a breast infection a few days after giving birth to baby Elba. I was given one round of antibiotics and they did not work. I was given a second round of a different antibiotic and it still did not work. Finally, 1 month postpartum I was given another new antibiotic, prescribed to be taken for ten days and finally at around 5-6 weeks my breast infection cleared up! FINALLY. That is a pain I don't wish upon any new mom. If anyone is going through that or had gone through that long of an infection, I feel for you. 

Another pain in the ass thing that has happened is I am pretty sure I started my period at almost exactly 6 weeks. I can't be sure that it is my period but I had stopped bleeding from birth at around 4 weeks and then I started bleeding again around 6...so I guess I will see next month if that for sure was my period. It really sucks because that is one thing you should almost be able to guarantee not happening for months down the road after birth. That is supposed to be your gift for pushing a baby out of your body, but no...my body has taken it upon itself to re-start that charming process all over again and I am exclusively breast feeding, so I am just extremely unlucky there...haha.

I have no idea how much weight I lost yet because I do not have a scale. I need to get my hands on one. I lost about 15 I think immediately after birth so I don't think I have too much to go before I get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. However, as frustrating as it is to have to still be in "fat" clothes I am trying to do my best to not be so hard on myself and let nature take its course. I am breastfeeding so I have to think of baby girl and make sure I am getting all of my nutrients. The weight loss will happen.

I have given myself the okay to start working out slowly. I do not think the bleeding is a bad sign or any sign that anything is wrong. I know most doctors clear you to workout at 6 weeks so I have just been going on hour long walks again with Elba and the pup. I will be starting a more intense workout schedule in about a week (I think). I just wanted to ease into working out first to make sure nothing hurts and nothing goes wrong.

So, hopefully next postpartum update will be a little bit more detailed and I can include information the doctor gave me and blah blah blah all that fun stuff. I think this will just be a good reminder to have for any of my future pregnancies. 

XOXO Sydney 

No comments:

Post a Comment