Pages

Thursday, April 9, 2015

4 Months Postpartum Update


4 Months Postpartum 


So this is just a really quick postpartum update! I am not dieting, just eating how I normally do, choosing healthy options but still eating pastas and carb-y things like that. I have tried cutting out those things before, but I just ended up with a decreased milk supply and felt hungry all the time. Breastfeeding is no joke...you turn into this like starving crazy person. We have started Elba on some oatmeal cereal. I gave it to her for the second time yesterday and she really seemed to like it. I think once she starts up on more solids I can start weaning her a little bit so I can have a little more time during the day to do anything instead of needing to pump or breastfeed a million times a day. Don't get me wrong, I love that I was able to breastfeed, some moms don't get that bonding experience and I am so grateful that I stuck with it through the mastitis. It is a learning curve for both baby and mom, but once you get the hang of it you really enjoy those times where it is just you and babe. However, I can't wait to get like 3 hours of my day back that is often spent pumping. I have no food in my freezer...it is filled with stored bags of milk so she will be set for the next 20 years. 

As for the way my body is looking and feeling...I am definitely seeing more progress and I think I will see more progress when I don't have to sit and feed her all of the time. Once she is more mobile and getting around on her own...I know I am going to miss hanging out on the couch and just spending time with her. I am still wider and still thicker through my hip area which I don't like, but like everyone says, it took you 9 months to grow a baby give yourself 9 months to get back to where you were. I think I am within like 3 pounds or something of where I was when I got pregnant, but it isn't the same weight distribution. I was leaner and more muscular before getting pregnant and weighed close to what I do now. I am still hanging onto some fat which is expected with breastfeeding so I am just being patient and working out when I can and choosing healthy options. I can't wait to get my diet back on track though. I usually prefer a lot of veggies in my diet, but she gets gassy with most vegetables...I have tried everything and she just has a sensitive tummy with a lot of the veggies I usually eat so for now just trying to maintain a well balanced diet, but not driving myself crazy about it!

Let me know if any of you guys are on a postpartum fitness journey! We can motivate each other! I would love to hear about how everyone is doing with their postpartum experience! Feel free to chat with me below...always love to hear from you.

XO Sydney

No comments:

Post a Comment