Pages

Monday, September 9, 2013

10 Of My Favorite Fall Things


I love this time of the year, I love summer, of course, but the time of year I love most and feel my happiest is when it is fall and of course the transition into the holidays...but for the sake of this post and keeping my holiday crazed thoughts at bay I thought I would mention a few of my favorite fall things!



1. Pumpkin everything. I really love pumpkin pie all year round so I make a really yummy gluten free one with a rice flour crust that tastes amazing. Zack and I just pick at it for dessert throughout the week whenever I make it. Not the healthiest habit, but it is only like twice a year that I will do that.

2. Chai tea, green tea, black tea, white tea, sleepy time tea, tea, tea, tea. I love getting tea more than I do coffee. I will make coffee in the morning every so often with some hazelnut creamer, but a hot cup of tea really makes me feel like it is fall.

3. Candles, everywhere. I always have candles in the house, but they are typically sweet candy scented ones. In my view right now I have a lemon meringue, red velvet cupcake, and sweet spun sugar. So for fall I really love the vanilla and spiced scents like pumpkin pie, apple cider, those really warm scents are my favorite.

4. Throw blankets. I have three on one couch, and I am still in need of more...apparently.

5. Decorations. I usually decorate a month in advance, for any holiday. For Christmas last year I decorated the day after Thanksgiving. CRAZY at its finest. For Halloween I have every intention of decorating possibly next week....yes, hopefully next week. 

6. Pumpkin Patches. I love going to them, but who doesn't?

7. Fireplaces. I really wish it would get cold and start raining soon because my fireplace is just sitting there taunting me.

8. Holiday preparation always makes the year fly by. It is kind of bitter sweet, but when this time of year comes around I always feel like it's one good thing after the other and it just seems like time flies by, but in a good way; it is constant excitement for the next few months. Family time and holidays really make me happy:).

9. Jammies and sweatshirts. Coming home and throwing on some cozy socks, a big sweatshirt and some plaid pajama pants and sitting on the couch with a nice cup of tea with the fireplace going, hearing the rain hit the window outside, oh yes, this is my favorite time of year. Oh wait, the smell of wet asphalt. THE BEST SMELL. 

10. Getting cozy...with the husband and our puppy, Oak. 



What are your ten favorite fall things? Let me know! I love to read what your favorite things are too:)

 Happy Monday Evening,

 Sydney

No comments:

Post a Comment