Pages

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Gluten Free: Some Of Our Meals & My Favorite Pumpkin Pie!

This was an incredibly long week for us, I had four exams and Zack was also busy at work...

This is not all our our meals for this week, just a few I picked from that I thought I would share with you guys.

Let's start with breakfast!

Our "acai bowls"! Our fake ones anyway....

Having a vitamix is nice because we can pick and choose the levels of how finely chopped we want our smoothies and whatever else we may throw in there, so we made a thick berry smoothie, put gluten-free granola on top...added some honey and bananas:)


These were so filling I was not able to finish mine! It was a refreshing way to start the day and a different take on the average morning smoothie!

Ingredients:
Vanilla Greek yogurt
Strawberries
Pineapple
Peach
Rasberries 
Blackberries
Blueberries
Orange Juice
Add some granola of your choice
Bananas
Honey
(I would tell you exactly what amount I put in of which ingredient, but everyone has their own take on their morning smoothie so do whatever you like and have fun with it!)




Now, for lunch yesterday I made a tortilla soup:

I always make different types of tortilla soups depending on what I have in the fridge and in the cupboard...it really changes every time I make it depending on what I have available....



Ingredients/Recipe:
1. Add tortilla soup starter to large pot
 (sometimes I use chicken broth, sometimes I use water only)
2. Dilute it by filling carton with water 1 and a half times and pour into the pot, begin simmering the liquid base
3. Begin chopping up tomatoes and cilantro 
4. Add the tomatoes to the liquid and bring to a boil, this will soften the tomatoes
5. Cut up one chicken breast and add the chicken breast to the liquid & bring to medium heat
6. Add cilantro and pinto beans/ black beans to the pot, now bring to a simmer (I threw in a cup of rice I had in the fridge pre-cooked from earlier this week)
7. Add cayenne pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and some cumin to the pot
8. Stir everything together and allow to simmer (for as long as you like) until the ingredients and 
9. Serve with sour cream if you like, sprinkle some cheese on top, and crumble some tortilla chips on there!
10. Add some avocado for extra flavor!!! 




It was delicious & I love mexican food so this is a must!

This always lasts us a couple meals afterwards so it is always nice to have for busy weeks to save and put in the fridge to re-heat later!




On to dessert....My Fall cravings have kicked in, unfortunately!

We made pumpkin pie for dessert, I just couldn't wait until Thanksgiving guys!

Ingredients:
I use a white rice flour (because I have Celiac) so I make my own crust
Crust Recipe:
1 cup of white rice flour
1 large egg and 1 egg white
1 pinch of salt
1 tbsp of sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup butter

Pumpkin Pie Center:
I follow the recipe on the back of the pumpkin puree found in every grocery story because it is naturally gluten free!
I just do not add clove...but I do add just a hint of vanilla!
I then proceed based on the recipe on the back of the puree!



Top it off with some home-made whipping cream or from the can!


As you can see, Zack, loaded up on the whipped cream!

Save the pie in the fridge or share it with family and friends for an early Thanksgiving treat!


Let me know what your week in recipes looked like! I would love to share ideas with all of you!

Feel free to comment below or follow me on instagram, I would love to get to know all of you!

@SydneySedillo






No comments:

Post a Comment