Pages

Thursday, March 12, 2015

3 Months Postpartum Update

3 Months Postpartum

So here is a quick little update for myself and for everyone else if you were interested. I love looking at other mom's postpartum updates because we all come in different shapes and sizes and it is always motivating to see where everyone else is at with their postpartum fitness journey. We can all motivate each other and support each other. 


I am slowly starting to see my obliques come back so that has been exciting! My most difficult area without a doubt has been my lower abs...which is expected. Your uterus doesn't even completely go back down to normal size for like 2 months after giving birth so I am not too hung up on my lower abs right now. I am working them out as best I can and just trying my best to remind myself it will take time. Another tough area for me right now are my hips, also expected. They are still wider than they were before birth, but they expand when you are pregnant so I am slowly waiting for the last bit of weight to come off of my hips and for my hips to go back down to size, but that can take a year or never go back down so we will see! So far my abs have come back together for the most part, when I push on my belly button I can still feel a bit of separation so again, that will take a bit more time.


My linea nigra (dark brown line running up to belly button) is still somewhat there, it didn't get too bad during pregnancy so there isn't much of it left to fade anyways. I am still hanging on to a little bit of weight to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight, but those pounds will likely stick around until I am done breastfeeding. I have about 6 pounds or something to get back to pre-preggo weight...I did put on about 10 lbs over the course of 6 months in order to get pregnant in the first place. I did gain the normal amount of weight during pregnancy, but because I was put on bed rest my workouts had to be haulted...so I am much softer and way less toned than I would like to be right now. 
I am seeing progress though! The human body is amazing. 

If you guys wanna keep following along with my postpartum fitness journey or enjoy reading my posts please subscribe with your email over on the right hand side of my page! I have been receiving a few emails from people who follow me through pinterest and through instagram, but I would love to get to know my fellow blog readers:)

XO Sydney 


No comments:

Post a Comment