Pages

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Meals From This Past Week and What We Did Saturday!

This week was another long week! Did it feel long to you guys too? I don't know, maybe it's just me and having nights as late as 1:30 and waking up at 5:30 the next morning throughout the week. For some reason it just felt long.

Well this week included a lot of cooking, but I will just include a few of the meals I made this week.


Below are just a few of the recipes I made this week and a picture of my day yesterday and what I spent my Saturday doing!


Homemade Gluten Free Chicken Fried Rice



I cooked the cut up chicken breast in a small amount of coconut oil, salt, and peppered the chicken.


Add the boiled rice to the pan that had the chicken in it and pour desired amount of gluten free soy sauce on top of the rice.


Mix it all together!


I added two eggs to one edge of the pan....


Whisk the eggs and let them cook on the edge of the pan.


Mix in the cooked eggs with the combined rice and chicken.



Add the steamed veggies to the pan!


There you have it! Quick and easy meal, throw it all together, add as much soy sauce as you like and serve! 

Moving on to the next meal we had this week, it was more of a dessert that I made during the week because I saved our bananas that were too ripe to eat!

Gluten Free Banana Bread, 1 Plain Loaf and 1 Chocolate Chip Loaf!


As you can see I had already cut into the chocolate chip loaf one and ate it with Zack before I had taken this picture.


This is what the plain loaf turned out like.

Overall, with preparation the recipe took under and hour, the cook time in the oven was obviously the longest part! That and waiting for it to cool of course ;)!

A Quick Dinner We Threw Together: Rice, Balsamic Sautéed Chicken, and Parmesan Asparagus 



So that is how our quick dinner turned out, it was super yummy and it was full of asparagus, that was definitely the largest food group on our plates, VEGGIES!


If anyone is curious about the actual recipes and their cook times and the exact ingredients I used just let me know in the comments and I can type the up really quickly, no problem:)!

Everything I made here did not take much time at all, because I had such a busy week at school and did not have time to really prepare many big meals. So I thought I would just let you take a peak at a few meals we came up with on the spot this week!

Yesterday
Yesterday Zack and I drove home to San Clemente to watch my little brother play in his soccer game. He scored two goals and his team won! I felt bad for those little guys out there though, it was so warm, it was in the high 80's and you could just see they were exhausted and thirsty the whole time!


Here is a picture I posted on my instagram (SydneySedillo) yesterday of Oak and I watching my brother play! Luckily I found some shade or else the poor pup would've been miserable in the heat!

So cute! Look at how he is watching the team play!

What did you guys do this weekend? 

Happy Sunday Evening!

Let's get ready for this week!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment