Pages

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

What We Have Been Eating

Here are just a few pictures of what we have been eating. Morning sickness edition. I haven't been able to stomach anything that wasn't carbs for the past week. This week it is definitely easing up and I am slowly re-introducing veggies back into my diet, pathetic I know haha.


So in no particular order, here are a few meals from the past week or so...


Cantaloupe makes a yummy snack and it wasn't so overwhelming that it didn't upset my stomach, we split it in half and Zack and I each ate a half. 


Because I seem to hate cooking for myself these past two weeks, this is just my favorite GF Amy's Mexican Food dish that I had for lunch one day.

For dessert this past week I blended up strawberries and mangos and left it pretty chunky using the lowest setting on my Vitamix. The fruit was frozen so it was like a chunky fruit bowl with sprinkled granola on top.

For breakfast this past weekend I made scrambled eggs and we had a left over potato and onion that needed using so I made potatoes with onion and topped it off with a side of avocado. After this meal I felt my morning sickness kick in and now I can't stand avocados unless they're in the form of guacamole. I can't explain it...it just is. 


For a night where we had no clue what we were going to make I boiled up some brown rice spaghetti and heated up some spaghetti sauce in a pan with a habanero chicken sausage from aidells.  

There is nothing glamorous about this dinner. Yeah, that is a full on huge plate of ranch. We even got so classy as to leave the pizza on the cutting board to minimize dishes. We were that lazy. This is an oven cheese pizza from Amy's...we went as far as to add our own pepperoni. Not my proudest moment this week, but it happened and it was carbs and it was all my body was able to handle. 

We made our typical tacos another night, I was able to eat two. Normally I can eat three small ones if I am really hungry, but I could only get 2 down barely. I didn't have a big lunch that day so I knew I needed to eat so I ate both of them. It is just ground turkey meat with McCormick Taco Seasoning "Hot", pico pica hot sauce, sour cream, homemade guacamole, cheddar cheese. The guacamole has lime, onion, and cilantro in it already to make them easier to eat and not have ingredients fall out everywhere. 

Another lazy night...I am sensing a pattern here. We actually did not have tacos back to back nights but these pictures are in here randomly. We always have left over taco meat so when we didn't know what to make one night for dinner (aka when I couldn't make a decision on what I wanted) Zack suggested we use the leftover. So we used the leftover taco meet and made "fresh" tacos with tons of tomatoes and cilantro and no avocado, no sour cream, nothing. Just the taco meat, some tomatoes, lots of cilantro, and some cheese sprinkled. 

Apparently I really wanted a "brothy" soup this past week and so I made our chicken soup without any parsley and with minimal ingredients. There are other posts including this soup that says everything that is included in it. 

And a lunch time snack, the other day lunch sounded disgusting so I made myself a strawberry smoothie before I went back to my Physical Chemistry class that is in the afternoon. Once I got to class I regretted it, because there are only 6 people in the class total and I think every single person could hear my stomach growling. Distracting....


What have you guys been eating lately?

Have a great Tuesday evening!

-Sydney- 

No comments:

Post a Comment